Everybody loves a clean home, but many of the chemicals found in household cleaners are not very safe to breathe, no matter how nice they may smell. Artificial perfumes can attribute to, and irritate existing allergies and reactions. Poor air quality in the home can lead to difficult breathing and serious lung conditions, such as; asthma, allergies, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Air quality can have effects on the heart as well, leading to angina, arrhythmia, heart attack, heart failure, along with hypertension. The air you breathe may even be a cause of stroke. Specific diseases, such as asbestosis and Legionnaires' disease, are found mainly indoors.
Typical chemicals off-gassing in your home:
- Sodium Hydroxide - Oven cleaners, drain cleaners, car waxes and polishes, household disinfectants, mildew removers, carpet cleaners, and much more. Irritation to eyes, skin, mucous membrane. Pneumonitis, eye and skin burns, loss of hair.
- Phthalates - Often used in polyvinyl chloride plastics: packaging film, garden hoses, inflatable toys, children's toys, hairsprays, nail polishes, flooring, soaps, shampoos, and detergents. Endocrine disruptor, has effects on reproductive system.
- Ammonia - Polishing agents, glass cleaner and many household and industrial cleaning agents. Irritant to skin, eyes, and respiratory system.
- Perchloroethylene - Spot removers, carpet cleaners, aerosols, printing inks, paint removers, wood cleaners & shoe polish. CNS damage, fainting. Long term: leukaemia, skin cancer, colon, lung, larynx, bladder problems.
- 2-Butoxyethanol - Spray paints, glass cleaners, tire cleaners, degreasers, stain removers, hand cleaners, automotive cleaners, rug and upholstery cleaners, and much more. Respiratory and liver problems.
- Chlorine - Scouring powders, toilet cleaners, mildew removers, laundry whiteners, pesticides, rubber, and drinking water. Irritant to skin, eyes, and respiratory system.
The photocatalytic property of nanoYo nanocoatings breakdown these dangerous chemicals in the home as they come in contact with the surfaces. Now your house and the air you breathe is super clean!